The Capstone Group Scholarship (ISS) has the goal to directly support Howard University students consistent with Howard University’s historic mission while exacting integrity, competency, transparency, and accountability within the University’s or Howard’s management.
The ISS will be a direct payment of funds for textbook and/or learning material expenses. The award comes directly from Capstone Group donors.
Students must meet specific eligibility criteria:
- Students must be Howard University students enrolled full time in the College of Engineering and Architecture
- Students major’s must fall within the Department of Architecture.
- Students must be in good academic standing where they have at least a 3.2 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
- Students should submit a letter of reference from one of their Howard University professors as well as a community representative.
- Students must be subscribed to the Capstone Group online mailing list where they can be reached via email by Capstone representatives.
Individual students are selected by donors or the Capstone Group on the following criteria:
- Students are judged to have achievements consistent with Howard University’s historic mission of support and advancing African American, Black, and underserved communities.
- All items from above eligibility criteria.
The maximum amount for any scholarship is $500.
Conditions of Award
Students who are awarded the ISS should continue to meet the following criteria:
- Students must remain enrolled full-time at Howard University.
- Students must be in good academic standing where they have at least a 3.5 Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA).
- Students will attend The Capstone Legacy Awards which is held every year in February.
Students awarded a scholarship must volunteer for The Capstone Group in an area of their choice for the remainder of their current academic year. (e.g. 2023 – 2024)
- Social Media
- Plan/work at on-site events
Notification of Funding Decisions
All funding decisions will be made in a written letter or by email. Decisions are not released verbally in person and/or over the phone.
Disbursement of Funds
Funds will be paid directly to the student’s Howard University account.
Number of Awards
Students are permitted to receive only one (1) scholarship funded by the Capstone Group at one time.
Changes in Enrollment
Student who receive the ISS must be enrolled full time at Howard University. Enrollment changes after the add/drop period are not permitted. Students must send written notification of any enrollment or schedule changes to the Capstone Group immediately.
How to Apply
Student applicants for ISS must follow these guidelines:
- Students should submit an online application where all information must be written in English.
- Students should submit a letter of reference from one of their Howard University professors.
- Students must be subscribed to the Capstone Group online mailing list where they can be reached via email by Capstone representatives
- The application must be submitted during the academic school year and at the latest 3 weeks before the end of the current academic year’s spring semester.
- The student should arrange for an email recommendation to be sent from a HU faculty member to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The application becomes the property of the Howard University Capstone Group.
The online application form requires
- Personal identifying information
- Professional information
- Contact information
- Description of career goals
The scholarship(s) will be available on Oct. 1st, 2023 https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jW5UL-pObhe9ubpf1QI8P2dGE_z4TsG45ab2eH8yanE/